Monday, May 3, 2010

HUMAN POWERED ELECTRICITY

While looking up info on the Permanent Magnet Alternators, I thought about hamster wheels for dogs and people to generate power. Human powered electricity. I think the bike machine is my favorite idea, especially considering you could hook up a gearing system to it and really get that SOB moving. I haven't read of anyone that's geared one yet, but I have an extra bike that I might pull the tires off of and try this with. I mean, it's a workout and it generates energy.

I was joking about the dog wheel thing, but after thinking about it a little bit, it actually wouldn't be a bad idea if your dog likes to run. Like Huskies are bred to run their asses off and it's hard for a person to give them the proper amount of exercise... which could be said of most dogs. But, you create a wheel where they can run to their hearts content and you solve a few problems at once. They get exercise, you get some of their energy.

You could really do the same thing with a hamster wheel for a phone charger if you're nerdy enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment