Monday, April 26, 2010

MAGNET POWERED GENERATOR

Ok, I'm still working on this, but I'm sharing the idea in hopes someone gets an idea from it. I got the idea from watching two magnets push away from each other. I combined it with a copper coil turbine used for things like water or wind powered generators. This consists of a plate that separate groupings of copper coils. On the outside on both sides of the coil plate is plates that have several magnets. Typically this plate spins and is connected to some motion device like a propeller to capture the wind or water motion and use the magnetic field to generate an electrical current.

All I did (keep in mind, this is with only a few magnets right now, I want to make something bigger) was tilt the magnets 45 degrees and add two more plates on the opposite sides of the magnet plates. The magnets began pushing away from each other, but since it could only move in a circle... and each magnet it pushed toward pushed it again, it began spinning free of any sort of outside motion. In essence, you do this on the right scale and it will move forever and create constant energy. Well... at least until the magnets die.

It's just an idea right now, an since I'm using magnets from old hard drives, it's not super powerful, but so far on a small scale it's working. I want to make a nicer one (like, not from cardboard and soda straws) and take a few pictures. I'll post them when I do.

UPDATE:
I guess I wasn't the only one who thought this would work: A Magnet Powered Motor, Permanent Magnet Motor. But there is a problem, too much magnetism effects the brain in such a way that a person would begin to feel paranoid. So, the device can't be very big... or if it is, it has to be encased. Serious problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment